Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Any and all immoral or illegal events described herein are fictional. Certain names may or may not have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent alike.
THE HOLIDAZE LEGAL DISCLAIMER
This website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The HoliDaze makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, The HoliDaze does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. Our stories are just that: stories. If you require advice in relation to any travel matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
The HoliDaze will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if The HoliDaze has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit The HoliDaze's liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by The HoliDaze's negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of The HoliDaze; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for The HoliDaze to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, The HoliDaze has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against HoliDaze's officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.]
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect The HoliDaze's officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as HoliDaze itself.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
THE HOLIDAZE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your privacy is important to THE HOLIDAZE. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that HoliDaze collects, and the ways in which The HoliDaze uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
HoliDaze may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of this website (including pages viewed and time spent);
- Information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including both email and IP addresses);
- Information about transactions carried out over this website (including all feedback, comments, and contact form submissions);
- Any other information that you send to HoliDaze.
Using personal information
The HoliDaze may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website;
- Personalize the website for you;
- Enable your access to and use of the website services;
- Publish information about you, your feedback, and your travel experiences on the website;
- Make humorous and/or undesired comments and observations which may or may not be at your expense; and
- Illuminate by example what NOT to do when traveling.
Where The HoliDaze discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, The HoliDaze may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Events mentioned herein
The HoliDaze would like to confirm that all events mentioned herein are works of fiction and certain names may or may not have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent alike.
The HoliDaze respects the laws and policies in place both in the US and all foreign countries whom we grace with our presence. No illegal or immoral actions were committed in the process of compiling information, including that of the visual nature, for this website.
The HoliDaze does not condone or encourage illegal actions, either in your country of origin or while abroad.
Securing your data
The HoliDaze will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The HoliDaze will store all the personal information you provide on its semi-secure servers (just being honest ~ who reads this anyway?).
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and will be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
The HoliDaze is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact The HoliDaze
- by email to admin [at] theholidaze.com;
THE HOLIDAZE COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Copyright © 2008-2015 The HoliDaze
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is solely owned by the author, whether an employee of the HoliDaze or a separate independent entity.
The HoliDaze grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- print pages from this website for your own [personal and non-commercial] use.
The HoliDaze does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without The HoliDaze's and/or the author's prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to admin [at] theholidaze.com or contacting the independent author via appropriate channel.
Enforcement of copyright
The HoliDaze and all independent authors here take the protection of our copyright very seriously.
If The HoliDaze discovers that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the license above, The HoliDaze and/or individual authors may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of The HoliDaze's copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to admin [at] theholidaze.com.
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to admin [at] theholidaze.com or by contacting the independent author.